November 8, 2017: I loved sharing my story and inspiring other writers at the NaNoWriMo event at the Orange Public Library
June 2, 2017: So fun to share my passion for writing on Career Day at Santiago Charter Middle School, Orange, CA
May 13, 2017: Volunteered at the Spring Regional Games for Special Olympics held at Irvine High School. So happy to cheer on these inspiring athletes!
Sunday, March 19, 2017: Mysterious Galaxy bookstore author Meet and Greet from noon to 3pm. Pick up a signed copy of Evil Speaks while they last!
I am happy to appear at book clubs, writer’s clubs, writer’s conferences, book signing events and more. Until February 2017, I am only available evenings and weekends.
Fees (don’t panic–my goal is to meet with people): Within a 50 mile radius of Irvine, CA, and for up to two hours, there is no charge. If it is beyond that distance or a longer duration, contact me and we’ll figure out a modest fee. I reserve the right to amend this fee schedule at any time. Below are suggested topics or events.
Note: I’m happy to give a sneak-peek of Evil Speaks. Actual books will not be available until the release in February 2017. I’m also happy to discuss my other works or writing in general.
BOOK STORES: Meet the Author Book Signing includes free giveaways (posters, books, bookmarks, chapter one of my newest book).
BOOK CLUBS: Authors love readers! You keep us writing. I’d love to meet with your group to discuss any of my novels, the techniques of writing, the inspiration or the process, or provide a reading and book signing. Free giveaways, as described above.
WRITER’S CONFERENCES and CLUBS:
- Panel Member for Fiction, Middle Grade or Fantasy
- Seminar classes on various topics: Character Driven Plots (3-Act Structure and 8-Essential Plot Points), Creating Dynamic Characters, Editing Your Manuscript, Self-Publishing 101, Marketing 101
SCHOOL VISITS: As a teacher of many years, I love nothing more than spreading enthusiasm for writing, sharing how to turn ideas into stories, and otherwise foster an appreciation for literature and poetry. Free giveaways, as described above.
If you are a student and would like me to visit your school or classroom, have your principal or teacher contact me.
- A 90 minute interactive lesson, followed by a 30 minutes book signing period (2 hours total). This is an interactive presentation where students will learn the basics of story structure and then cooperatively write a short story. Students love this format, as it’s made to break the ice and get the creativity flowing.
- A larger 60 minute general assembly, followed by a 30 minute Q&A, followed by a 30 minute book signing period (2 hours total). The format would be Meet the Author. This is a humorous but poignant presentation that will encourage students to love words and writing.
- I’m open to suggestions, if you have another presentation in mind, like working with a single class to work on craft, such as developing character or plotting), contact me.
CORPORATE EVENTS: If your company works with children, such Special Olympics, children’s hospitals and more, I am happy to Meet and Greet your youth and offer readings, interactive writing sessions, teach writing or poetry techniques, and offer giveaways and book signings. My goal is to entertain and encourage expression.